The Jamstik Creator can be run as an AU plugin inside of Garageband on Mac. Before attempting these steps, make sure that the Jamstik Creator and Sound Library have been properly installed on your system. Jamstik Creator Installation Guide.
Jamstik Creator in GarageBand Tutorial
1. First, in a Garageband project, create a new Track in Logic by selecting New Track... from the Track Dropdown.
Select Software Instrument for track type.
2. Now navigate to Preferences by navigating to GarageBand->Preferences... in the top bar or by using the keyboard shortcut "Command ,".
Now, select "Audio/MIDI" and make sure "Enable Audio Units" is checked.
3. Make sure the Smart Controls panel is active and visible either by clicking the controls icon at the top left of Logic, or by using the keyboard shortcut "B".
Now, with the new Instrument selected, Click on "Track" in the smart controls panel at the bottom of the screen. Then click on "Plug-ins"
When you hover the mouse over the instrument name under plug-in (in this case "E-Piano"), an icon with two arrows should appear. Click on this arrow icon to open the plug-in dropdown selector.
Navigate to "AU Instruments" in the instrument dropdown. In the dropdown that appears from the AU Instruments list, find the "Jamstik" category, highlight "Jamstik Creator" and click "Stereo".
A pop up may appear after clicking on the Jamstik Creator. Make sure to click "Lower Security Settings" to use the Jamstik Creator inside of Garageband. This step is necessary for all third party plugins.
If Jamstik Creator does not appear in the list:
First, make sure that you have installed the Jamstik Creator and Sound Library correctly and have run the Jamstik Creator standalone application at least once and make sure Enable Audio Units is checked under Preferences.
4. The Jamstik Creator UI should now open in a window on top of GarageBand. If it does not appear, or the window is closed, click the slider icon the appears on mouse hover in the center of the "Jamstik Creator" Instrument cell in the plug-ins menu in the smart controls panel.
If there is no MIDI response or sound coming from the Jamstik Creator, make sure that MIDI Devices are enabled correctly in settings (Getting Started with the Jamstik in GarageBand on Mac)
5. Jamstik Studio MIDI device settings can be changed inside the plugin in most modern versions of GarageBand. First, make sure your Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar is connected correctly and being recognized by GarageBand. Then click on the "Connect To Device" button inside the Jamstik Creator plugin window in GarageBand. Now you should be able to access the Device Settings Menu by clicking on the Jamstik Device Settings button!
Please sign in to leave a comment.