Connecting through Jamstik Control on Android over Bluetooth
Important: To properly connect your Jamstik to your Android device for use in Jamstik Control or other MIDI apps, we strongly recommend connecting directly through the Jamstik Control app. Other apps may have different Bluetooth MIDI connection methods that will not work with the Jamstik and connecting through your Android device's Blueooth system menu may also not allow the Jamstik to properly connect.
- Download the Jamstik Control app from the Google Play store.
- Make sure your Jamstik MIDI Guitar is charged and turn on the Jamstik and ensure that the power symbol is flashing or solid green.
- Open Jamstik Control and tap on "Connect Jamstik" at the top of the screen.
- Select your Jamstik from the menu (it will likely have a name that starts with JSM and then a series of numbers).
- Once the word connected appears next to the Jamstik name, click continue and close the connection menu.
- The top bar should now say Connecting... and may take a few seconds until your guitar is fully connected and ready to play.
- Once "Connected" appears at the top of the screen, you can play sounds in Jamstik Control, tune your guitar in the tuning tab, change device settings in the home tab, or exit Jamstik Control and use your Jamstik in any MIDI-compatible app. You can also use the Jamstik Control app over Bluetooth to change settings while using the TRS-MIDI or USB connection for MIDI output on a separate computer or hardware synthesizer.
If using another app with the Jamstik like Bandlab or FL Studio, you may want to change your MIDI Mode to Single Channel and your Pitch Bend Range to +/- 2. This will disable tuning and the proper fretboard display in the Control app but may perform better for MIDI output in other android apps.
Please sign in to leave a comment.