Have you ever wanted to export your tracks into guitar tablature? As long as you have Logic Pro and a Jamstik, you will be able to take advantage of this quick workaround to turn your MIDI data into tablature via a familiar guitar interface!
As with many notation software programs, there are a few caveats to be aware of. Please make sure to check out our Quick Tips below to optimize your settings and playing style for the best performance results.
- First, via Jamstik Creator (either inside Logic or the standalone version), set the Jamstik to 'Multi Channel' mode in the Device Settings.
- Next, in Logic, record the part you’d like to tab out.
- Once you’ve done that, double-click the MIDI region to open the editor window, here you can clean up the MIDI roll and make sure your part is arranged the way you would like.
- Staying in the editor window, jump over to the 'Score' tab and select 'Layout'.
- Now, choose 'Tablature'. In the new window, switch the guitar option to Inv Channel.
- Lastly, back in the editor window, click the treble clef and select guitar.
- You should now see your tab!
Once you’ve gone through this process, if you were to re-perform your part, you can now see the editor window tabbing out what you're playing in real-time.
- Make sure to double-check your Jamstik's sensitivity settings before recording. In general, you should see the best results by setting the overall sensitivity to 3-5 depending on the playing style while transcribing to help eliminate any unwanted string noise getting translated into MIDI data.