The connection process differs between devices. For detailed information, visit one of our device-specific support articles below.
Learning Portal for Jamstik (Chrome Mac/PC)
The Learning Portal for Jamstik is your home for Jamstik firmware updates as well as interactive lessons on how to play guitar with your Jamstik including our new scrolling tab mode that lets you play along with exercises and songs with real-time feedback. Get started at play.jamstik.com
Jamstik Control iOS
Jamstik Control is the mobile companion app for Jamstik MIDI guitars. You can connect your Jamstik to your iOS device over Bluetooth MIDI or USB, change device settings and pin your frequently used settings, tune your Studio MIDI guitar with the software tuner and more. Download it on the iOS app store.
Learning Portal for Jamstik iOS
Also check out our Portal app for iOS that lets you play, learn, connect, and create on the go! Your progress is saved between chrome and iOS. Click the icon above or click here to go to the app store.
Check out the Jamstik Portal Software Guide for a full overview of the Portal software.
Third-Party Apps & Software:
Your Jamstik is a Bluetooth MIDI controller that is compatible with a wide range of learning and music production apps and plugins. Visit play.jamstik.com/apps to learn about some of our favorite free and paid software to use with the Jamstik.
For guides on setting up the Jamstik with a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) like Ableton, Logic Pro, GarageBand (iOS/Mac), Pro Tools, FL Studio, and more - visit our DAW Setup Tutorials.
Your Jamstik GT
- If the strings feel "loose" upon receipt, tighten them up with the included Allen wrench. Make sure not to compress the springs all the way. This video will walk you through the process of diagnosing and fixing string tension problems.
- If your Jamstik is out of tune or gets a stuck note, perform a soft-reset by pressing both (+) & (-) buttons simultaneously.
- If the LED is blinking Red & Green, this indicates a low battery, and your AA batteries should be replaced. Always use wired headphones or speakers for the best performance.
- Keep your fingers away from the fretboard during power-up. The Jamstik's fretboard goes through a calibration process while powering up, and it's important to scan the fretboard without any objects or fingers in the way.
- Your Jamstik has a built-in sleep timer, so you'll have to, "wake up" the fretboard after 2 minutes, or turn the power back on after 15 minutes of inactivity.
- Wireless headphones & speakers cause a delay. Always use wired audio output from your connected device for the best playing experience.
View the Jamstik GT Troubleshooting Index for more.
Have a support question right away? Check out the Jamstik Support page for other setup questions. There are many useful articles there, and our team members are on hand to discuss any questions via live chat, email, or over the phone.