How to change the strings on the Jamstik Studio.
-Allen Key: 3mm Allen key provided in the Studio MIDI Guitar Gig Bag
-Magnetic Tuning Key: Provided in the bridge of the Studio MIDI Guitar
-String Cutter: Here's a basic one from Amazon that we like)*
-New Guitar Strings: Any metal strings will work just fine. The MIDI pickup is magnetic, so the guitar requires you to use metal strings rather than nylon. The Jamstik ships with 9s, but standard electric guitar strings will be compatible, so if you'd prefer to use 10s, you certainly can.
1. Remove the nut screws with the provided 3mm Allen key.
2. Grab the magnetic key from the bridge, and loosen the strings.
3. Clip the end of the old strings.
4. Gently pull to remove the strings
5. Slide the new string in through the nut.
6. Pull the string past the bridge, and snip about 1 inch past the bridge.
7. Kink the end of the string, and put it under the bottom of the bridge. Then start winding.
8. Finally, put the nut back on.
Do you have to use special strings?
Any metal strings will work just fine. The MIDI pickup is magnetic, so the guitar requires you to use metal strings rather than nylon. We'd recommend following standard .010–.046 gauges. Slightly below or above this range should be fine, though it may require some sensitivity adjustments in the Jamstik Creator plugin.
Related Articles: -How to Adjust the nut height on the Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar
*Amazon Affiliate Disclosure: If you purchase anything through the Amazon link above, Jamstik may earn a commission in return.