The accelerometer feature (available in firmware version 5.034) allows users to access a ton of additional expression by mapping MIDI controller messages to an axis on the Jamstik+! In this example, we will utilize this feature in one of our favorite apps: GarageBand.
Check Out Getting Started with Using The Accelerometer in Jamstik+ Article Here
- Jamstik+ (loaded with FW: 5.034+)
- Jamstik App
- iOS Device
1) Turn on your Jamstik+ (wait for pulsing amber to indicate advertising connection)
2) Launch the Jamstik App
3) Connect to Jamstik App
4) In the settings menu, switch Accelerometer "ON"
5) Once the Accelerometer is enabled, select a controller message (1-16)
- 0 = Accel off
- 1 = Modulation Wheel
- 2 = Breath Controller
- 3 - 5 is undefined.
- 4 = Foot Controller
- 5 = Portamento Time
- 6 = Data Entry
- 7 = Channel Volume
- 8 = Balance
- 9 - 10 is undefined
- 10 = Pan
- 11 = Expression
- 12 = Effect Control 1
- 13 = Effect Control 2
- 14 - 15 is undefined
- 16 = General Purpose Controller 1
6) After you select a MIDI CC message, close out of the settings menu to commit
(for this example, select MIDI CC message 1)
7) Launch GarageBand (close out of the Jamstik App to save the processing power)
8) In GarageBand's settings menu -> Bluetooth MIDI devices
9) Connect by selecting your Jamstik+ ID
10) Once connected, select an instrument & move the Jamstik+ on the axis as pictured below.
11) Have fun utilizing the accelerometer feature!
Please sign in to leave a comment.